Thursday 30 October 2008

Da ward auch dem Dümmsten klar, daß ich nicht der Heiland war.

I’ll have to keep it short today… but to tell you about last night in the Ratskellar!

I was invited earlier yesterday by a couple of fellow teachers to this event in the Ratskellar. The Ratskellar is this bar/restaurant underneath the Rathaus (or Town Hall, for the non-educated!).

Anyway, there was this guy there, and he was reciting poetry by Robert Gernhard, a famous poet from Germany, even though he was born in Estonia… but anyway…

His poetry was really good. I’m not a big fan of poetry, so it’s kind of difficult to categorise it. But it was comedy/parody poetry. I’ll try to find some of his work online, but I’m getting trouble so far, probably due to copyrights and such. But I may well get a book of his!

So, even though poetry isn’t my cup of Tee… I found it good! And the beer wasn’t expensive, either. Considering it was such a venue at the Ratskellar!

So… I have to go now! I’m making my way Süd to Rheinland-Pfalz for the weekend. Beer o’clock starts soon! Hehe

I shall be back soon!

Cheery bye! Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment