Sunday 1 March 2009

Karneval – Schweinesteaks, Löwenbrau and missed trains.

The third day was a costume day. We went to the same place, but met others outside the Dom, however, when I met up with Laura (dressed as a leopard), Laura (dressed as an aubergine), Emma and Rachel (both dressed in wigs, possible an Eighties style, though don’t quote me by that), we lost Rob and Dai, who followed me, but got lost in the crowd.

But finally met up with them all and thought we’d try meeting with the Regensburg people at the parade. There were too many people there and couldn’t reach them, so we decided to make our way to the riverbank, again next to the boat.

We found Dracula, Ghostbusters and a guy with a trolley collecting bottles, maybe a relation to Olaf? Anyway, as the weather was getting a bit cold and wet, we decided to quickly finish off the crate by haste consumption and flogging a couple of bottles and headed to a Löwebrau pub. But not before we found this Schell-Imbiss place that did really good steaks!

Time was running out for us, as Dai needed to get a train to go back to mine, get his stuff, and then catch a train back home to Schleswig-Holstein. So, we said goodbye to the others and quickly made our way to the station.

But, I was again in need of the lav, so I rushed on ahead, and then got on the train, and could only find Dai. Dai said Rob also went to the toilet, but then the train pulled off. Dai had all of Rob’s stuff apart from his wallet, so there was no chance in getting hold of him. I then saw Rob on the platform as we going out of the station.

I got everything off Dai, gave him my key, and got off the next station to head back. I assumed that Rob went back to the others in the pub, so I legged it back there only to find he wasn’t there. But the others were. I thought there was no chance in finding him now, so I just stayed there.

I caught the train back home after everyone left. It turns out that Rob caught a faster train back to Recklinghausen in an attempt to catch us up. But he got there, found Dai and Dai got back home alright, and Rob got my key and stayed in my place until I got home.

But other than that mishap, everything went good! On the train home, I managed to get a small bottle holder thingy that goes around your neck, and it has the Köln Wappen on there. This woman gave me a small packet of Haribo, too!

1 comment: