Thursday 22 January 2009

‘tis the season to be jolly… falalalalala la la laa!

My car got back home in one piece, however I had to use it minimally. I drove my brother’s car and also my parents’… but even so, I didn’t do much driving. Instead, I was busy with Christmas, as it was only two days after I got back.

I was also ill for a couple of says after Boxing Day. For some reason, I was spewing all night. And so was my sister. The next day, my brother said he’d been ill that night when he was staying at his girlfriend’s. And the day after, my other brother came ill, along with my mother. And then my father started being ill. Basically, my whole family, and many other relatives became ill of the same thing. It wasn’t anything that we ate, because some of us didn’t eat the same stuff. We must have caught something from someone sometime. Whatever it was… it was rather nasty.

And in the meantime, I was looking for a new car. There was no way my Golf could take me back to Germany. It wasn’t in a fit state, first of all. And I wouldn’t be able to get the MOT done in time, even though it would have taken longer because it needed fixing. So I decided to give it to my mechanic. My family have been going to him for years and he’s one of those mechanics who are really hard to come by. And what he has done for us, I just handed over my car. He said he could get it working fine again, so be it so!

So, by the time I picked the car up after MOT, I had to leave for Germany the day after. So I didn’t have a very productive Christmas. I didn’t get to do all the things I planned to do. But I managed. I did however, forget to take my plug adapters and I left the second part of my driver’s licence in the old car. I was unable to get a Welsh car sticker, too. I got a GB one, but I also tried to look for one with the Welsh flag on it, just like the one I had on my Golf. However, the place that sold them was in Swansea Market. And it was closed when I got there. And Halford’s have crappy designs on theirs. Hopefully one will get sent to me along with my V5 and driver’s licence counterpart.

No comments:

Post a Comment