Thursday 22 January 2009

Ve-hickles

I haven’t mentioned about my new car. Anyway…

I ended up buying a red Peugoet 406 saloon car from a local car dealer who knows my uncle, who is also a mechanic. It’s done about 110,000 miles, it’s about 1o years old… nearly 11, and it has a 1.9 turbo Diesel engine. It has gadgets such as air conditioning, electric windows and central locking. Even though I’m not one for too many gadgets and features on cars, I’m getting used to them, but I haven’t used the air conditioning yet… I’m still used to winding the windows down. But even so, it’s not a case of ‘winding the windows down’ anymore. It’s… pressing the button. Along with an MOT test, I spent £1,000 for it. Plus £102 for tax. So I was happy with the result!

One peculiar feature is the number plate. The letters on it spell out Ruth. Much to the impressiveness to my uni/hiking friend, Ruth! But I haven’t named my car Ruth, though. First of all, even though I like the name, it doesn’t seem suitable for a car. And secondly, as it’s a French car, it would have to be a French name. So, I think I like the name Amélie. Don’t really know why. The other choice is Béatrice, which means voyager or traveller. The meaning is apt for my car, but not sure if I like the name!

It seems really picky about a name for a car. I know it isn’t as important as naming a kid. But still… gives me something to do. However, I think I’ll go for Amélie. It has a nicer sounding name to it… I think.

So, now I no longer have my Golf. After 3 years and 50,000 miles, it finally gave in. I didn’t want to get rid of it, but I had to. It’s one of those really sentimental things you have. I’ve been everywhere in it… it’s had good and bad times. Mostly good! And it’s well known between people I know… not sure whether it’s for the right reasons!

But hopefully my new car will be just the same… or better! We’ll see!


My first car, Astrid.
1994 Volkswagen Golf III, 1.9 Match Diesel.



My second car, Amélie.

1998 Peugeot 406, LS X 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment