Thursday 18 December 2008

Bonn with Ystalyfera

When I went back to Wales at the beginning of October, I thought I’d visit my old school at Ystalyfera. I went to see my old German teacher. And he said that he was going to Bonn with his class in December and said that it would be good if I came, too.

So, the time came to go to Bonn to meet up with Mr Morgan, along with a couple of other teachers (some of whom I remember from when I was at school) and also a couple of other former pupils, who were a year or two below me.

It was good seeing other people from school again, and so we met in the youth hostel they were staying at in Bonn (which happened to be the same hostel I stayed in a month before with the social sciences class at the school here).

The class was going into Bonn to have a look around the place; most of the kids went to the ice rink and the Weihnachtsmarkt. So my and the teachers went to a local watering hole for a locally brewed Bönnsch in a funny shaped glass. And then of course to get some Glühwein and went on a search for a fat fairy in a weird stance, although she couldn’t be found.

But it was easy to wind the kids up. They kept asking the teachers who I was, and they just said I was a student who was left behind on the trip four years ago. It was kind of funny looking at them in confusion! Bless… but it’s fun that way!

However, now the night was coming to an end, and I had to say Tschüßchen and make my way to Worms. The next day was onto Augsburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment