Thursday 18 December 2008

The search for a Glühwein and some Schnell-Imbiss

At Regensburg, we had more time to stay. Some of the group decided to end it here, and a few lived there anyway, and there was some birthday night out, too. One of the Robs was going out in Regensburg with the birthday lot, and he was going to meet us later.

So, me, Ollie and Rob (with the beard) had a look around for some Glühwein and some eats, the latter of which proved a bit tricky. Apparently there was a good place by the river, but it was either closed, or we couldn’t find it. I was too cold and hungry to take notice, so I decided to warm myself by this barrel fire in the middle of town… just like a hobo would do underneath the local railway bridge.

Rob (the one with no beard) told us of a good Indian restaurant, so we decided to go there… as it was a while that we had a good curry (apart from Ollie, who had recently been home for a weekend). The others ordered the masala and stuff, but I tend to be more adventurous with food, especially foreign. So I went for this Nungili (or something like that). All I can say about it was… it needed yoghurt. I wouldn’t say it was bad, just really spicy. So spicy in fact, I felt faint. I had to go to the bar and order a pot of yoghurt to help. Normally yoghurt would be mixed into the curry, but I had to take spoonfuls of this stuff and wolf it down. 

It was a pity it was really spicy, because it was a good curry. But I managed to eat all the meat in the end, and I left a li’l bit of rice. However, I was pleased with the effort of eating as much as I could. And, of course, time was against us, and rushing a curry that would make a horse cry wasn’t proving the best idea to ease myself enough to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment