Monday 12 September 2011

Let's have some sympathy...

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a man of wealth and taste, and I have been around for a long, long year. I stole many a man's soul and faith and I was around when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain, and I made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and I sealed his fate.

I am pleased to meet you, and I hope that you guess my name. But what is puzzling you, is the nature of my game. You see, I stuck around in St Petersburg when I saw that it was time for a change. I killed the Tsar and his ministers, and Anastasia screamed, but in vain. Then I rode a tank and also held a General's rank, all when the Blitzkrieg raged. And the bodies stank!

I am, once again, pleased to meet you. I do hope that you guess my name. Ah, what is puzzling you, though, is the nature of my game! I watched with glee, while your Kings and Queens fought for ten decades for the Gods that they made. I shouted out "Who killed the Kennedys?". When, after all, it was but you and me. So, let me please introduce myself: I am a man of wealth and taste; I laid traps for the Troubadors, who get killed before they reached Bombay.

I am indeed pleased to meet you, and I hope that you guessed my name! But what is confusing you, is just the nature of my game: just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners, saints; just as heads is tails.

Just call me Lucifer. Because I am in need of some restraint.

So, if you do meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and have some taste. Use all of your well-learned politeness, or I shall lay your souls to waste. So I am pleased to meet you, and I hope that you guessed my name. But, what is puzzling you, is the nature of my game.


No comments:

Post a Comment