Tuesday 17 February 2009

Another Rant On Driving

One thing, which I really cannot get my head around, is the inability by some people to park their own cars.

Have you ever come across a busy car park, and slowly chugged up and down the lanes trying to find a parking space, only to find that there’s none left, but many pairs of them are taken up by one car?

I come across it almost every day and I really cannot fathom how someone can park their car and leave it straddling between two spaces. How difficult can it really be to park one’s own car? If they can’t park it properly, are they able to actually drive it properly?

And the people may say some crap like: “oh, I was in a rush and was being late for work. I didn’t have time to sort it out.” Bollocks. It really is not that difficult to park a car properly, and even if it’s not going to go in straight, it takes a couple of seconds to correct it.

They wouldn’t be happy if they may be late for work, only to find there’s no spaces left to park because some stupid inconsiderate arsewipes did some crappy bodge job on parking their Mercedes Benz C Class.

To be honest, I often manage to squeeze right in between them and the car next to me, which often is also crappily parked. I don’t care if I have trouble getting out or in, I always manage to do so… but it’s just to annoy those who have annoyed the drivers who can actually park. Hopefully it’ll come across as a message to them. If not, a good piece of key-art along the paintwork of the car may make them realise. But I don’t know if I could do that… I’d need to be in a really, really foul mood. I may actually write a note and stick them on their windscreen…
I really hope these people come to realise that what they do is just plain ignorance and totally bad form of driving… otherwise I may find myself shunting one out of the way.

3 comments:

  1. so much road rage. it's almost as scary as your driving :s lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever consider that they might have inserted their car between two other badly parked ones... and then the others left leaving the original car straddling two spaces. It may not be their fault!! How many times back home have you seen cars skewed in spaces which has meant Mr Innocent next door has to park skew too?? Just a thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed I have considered that possibility. However, it also applies to those original parkers, too. And I can't put blame on those who haven't caused it.

    Anyway, in this particular instance when this set me off was at half past seven in the morning, and it seems doubtful that there were others who were there and gone by then.

    Still... there are people who do it!

    ReplyDelete