Wednesday 12 November 2008

Autobahns and Parks



Thursday, 30 October 2008.

So, today is Thursday (hypothetically), and the plan is to go down Süd to a li’l place of Bad Bodendorf, which is in the Ahr valley… with vineyards. Vineyards are good. They get people drunk. And drunk is good… sometimes. Bad things can happen when drunk, but they’re normally forgotten about.

Anyhow, why go to such a place as Bad Bodendorf? Well, after last weekend (which went über good!) in Butzbach with Megan and Emily (two Canadian peoples who I met at Altenberg), I was invited to Emily’s place at Bad Bodendorf.

And the house is actually amazing. It’s hard to describe it. But it’s very modern, with countless rooms. There was even a poster bed in the living/seating area upstairs and also a spare room that took up more than half a floor. It was like a maze. I want one. I think I’ll ask if I could get one for Christmas. Seems doubtful beyond all odds. But no harm in trying, I guess!




Me and Megan and beer and wine





And this weekend’s plan was mostly alcohol related, but we had to leave on Saturday, as Megan had to play football.

So… the drive itself was a bit uneventful, just the normal Autobahn traffic und so weiter… and I got to Bad Bodendorf at seven in the evening, as planned! I also went and bought a crate of beer to consume. So twenty bottles of alcohol should be suffice!



The playground that served as our drinkground.



We went to this playground down the road from Emily’s. It was dark, so Emily and Megan went back to get a torch and a camera, while I held the fort (literally) with beer and wine.


The time at the playground was really good, even though a bit cold. We drank beer for a bit, used primitive facilities, and I had trouble using a rope-log bridge thing. I thought I could go down it using only the support of my arms on the banisters. Didn’t work. However, the logs were rather a softer landing than I thought.


Megan and Emily after a few!
NB - Thanks to Emily for providing the photos! (Apart from the one of the park... that's mine!)



No comments:

Post a Comment