Monday 24 November 2008

It's alive!

My car works again! How good is that??

I figured the coldness killed the battery off… which was getting on a bit anyway. So I went to the local Halfords type place and got on for about ninety Euros, which is quite good for a car battery!

Anyway, I carried the battery through town, which took its toll on my arms after a while, until I got to my car. By now, it was covered in about 4-5 inches of snow! And it was a bit awkward changing the battery. My hands were freezing and my arms were shaking and those bolts and brackets were secured really tight… maybe rusted on a bit. However, with a bit of force, I got them undone and the battery got replaced!

I was so happy to hear my car coming to life again! One of the best sounds there is!

So, to make sure the battery got charged up, I took it for a drive for a few miles up and down the Autobahn and around town… now I’m going to take it to the local Volkswagen centre to get it serviced. Hopefully the car will be fixed so it’ll be good enough to pass the MOT back home. Which I hope it’ll be good enough to pass on the day I take it in, as it’s the only available day…

But my car will do it. I have faith in it!


        



No comments:

Post a Comment